Monday, November 16, 2009

About This Blog

If you are here and wondering why my husband wears a 'stache in November or what kinds of plants I like to tinker around with in my garden, then check out my other blog. It's all day to day stuff. (Speaking of day to day stuff. If you could hear the noises coming from my dogs stomach. Wow. I hope she ate lots of grass when she went out because this isn't going to be pretty coming out.) Where was I? Oh yea, THIS blog is about food.

I started out with all kinds of menus. Or really like two menus because it was a LOT of work. I plan by the pay period; so right before the first and the fifteenth, I get out a calendar and go at it with my recipe binder, any new magazines that have come my way, and the plethora of cook books at my disposal. It's great for our family, but what I've realized (from some comments I have gotten) is that moms really need good recipes that don't take forever, aren't covered in cheese and butter, and don't cost a blooming fortune. Hence the new tag line: Real Families, Real Budget and Real Time.

My intention is to update this blog when I find new recipes that fit the above criteria, and begin to add all the yummy ones I already have. I do not make my own recipes. I'm not that talented. But, I do have a knack for finding the good ones though!

Hope you enjoy!





2 comments:

brandi said...

so excited... i'll definitely be checking back.

Lorren Says... said...

This blog makes me happy. :)