Thursday, October 29, 2009

American Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

I saw this grilled cheese recipe in Cooking Light (one of my favorite magazines!) a while back. We love it here and it's become an easy weeknight meal. As an added bonus, it's a meal I've managed to make with 350 calories. My rear thanks me. Yours will thank you too. =)

American Grilled Cheese: Ingredients
Reduced Fat Sargento Provolone Cheese
Reduced Fat Sargento Colby Jack Cheese
45 Calorie sliced bread (Sara Lee)
light spreadable butter or margarine
sliced Roma tomatoes
fresh basil leaves

I'm wondering if I really need to type out how to make a grilled cheese sandwich? Ok, if I get one comment about needing directions, I will come back and edit this post with directions. =) But it goes butter, bread, provolone cheese, sliced Roma, basil leaves, Colby jack slice, bread, butter. Grill. If you use more than once slice of each cheese, it will be more than 350 calories.

Tomato Soup: Pacific Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato
Now, the soup. My favorite soup with this sandwich is Pacific Natural Foods Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup. It's only $3.69 for 32 oz. We usually warm half and put the box in the fridge. It lasts for two meals since the girls won't eat it. As usual.

So, serve up the soup, top with a few croutons and some shredded Parmesan cheese (again, you will add a few extra calories there, too.)

So, cheap, easy, delicious. What more could you want?!




1 comment:

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

You've taken grilled cheese and tomato soup to a whole new level! YUM-O!