Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Easy Easy Chicken and Dumplings

I got this recipe from my friend Holly about 5 years ago. I love chicken and dumplings as a fall and winter meal, but was always intimidated by the trouble my mom went to in making this for her family. So, when I was introduced to this recipe and it tasted almost as good as Mom's, I was sold! Hope you like it.

Ingredients:
1 rotisserie chicken
1 box of chicken stock (you can use broth, but it isn't nearly as good.)
2 cans cream of celery soup
1 12oz can of home style biscuits

Directions:
De bone chicken.
Add stock, celery soup, and chicken to stock pot. Heat through and salt/pepper to taste.
(I let it simmer for several hours, but it's fine if you only have about 30 min.)
Cut biscuits into small pieces (or the size you like your dumplings) and add to pot.
Cook an additional 7-10 min to allow biscuits to puff up.
Serve and enjoy!

**If you're feeling like giving it an even more homemade taste you can cut up some fresh celery and add that too.

No comments: