Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Red Bean and Rice with Sausage

Ingredients:
One package of Mahatma Red Beans and Rice (maroon package)
One package of whatever brand you like (we use Healthy Choice Turkey) sausage. The kind that come in the two curved links, all ready cooked.

Cut sausage up into bite sized pieces, put into pot with red beans and rice and cook with the rice. If you are like my husband, you'll saute' the sausage first and then dump it in with the rice. But I don't care about it being brown-er. =)

If you happen to make Red beans and rice from scratch. I'll gladly let you do it for me!

2 comments:

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Okay. I'm in. Beans and rice it is! I'll put mine in to soak tonight and we'll have them for dinner tomorrow. It will be great because I'll have four extra kids for a couple of days (that's 8 kids altogether for those of you keeping score at home), and when I make beans, I make a mess of 'em! I have the beans, rice, corn meal and potatoes (because we like starch with our starch), but I will need to pick up some sausage (I'm a Bryan Sausage girl, myself).

Waitingonyou2 said...

Thanks for the comment! It's super easy to make *I promise* It's all about eyeballing it and just doing what you think looks like it will taste good. Seriously!

I love chicken and rice soup because I can't stand gummy, cold, tasteless egg noodles in soup.

Trust me, day 2, oh be still my heart! :D